What is Impossible Cloud
Impossible Cloud offers next-generation, resilient object storage optimized for fast data backup and retrieval.
Enterprises and SMBs backing up data to centralized, public cloud providers or using on-prem solutions - looking in addition to 50-75% cost savings to
- Prevent downtime of centralized cloud providers
- Improve security of their backups
- Increase performance
- Public cloud providers provided many companies to lower their TCO of data backups - e.g., by rendering their own data centers obsolete and reducing management complexity significantly. Notwithstanding this advantage, public cloud providers experienced numerous outages that affected thousands of companies and millions of customers. This effectively showed that traditional multi-zone redundancy architecture is unreliable.
- Impossible Cloud stores data over a distributed architecture designed to eliminate a single point of failure. This in turn creates superior reliability - resulting in optimized availability (lower downtime) and resiliency (faster recovery time).
- 1.Our distributed architecture also ensures superior file security and durability:
- After receiving files from the customer, we encrypt each file with a respective unique key. We then store the files at enterprise-grade data centers - each with the industry-relevant certificates incl. SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53/FI, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and ISO 22301. Individual nodes within the data centers redundantly encrypt files at rest to further increase security.
- We employ algorithms that continuously maintain the integrity and consistency of files in case any particular server or disk is unavailable. For instance, these algorithms reconstruct files in case a copy on a specific device goes down for any reason.
- We are, thus, designed for file durability of 100% - meaning our architecture is designed never to lose a file.
- 2.Besides security advantages, we employ all established industry best practices:
- Identity and access management (IAM)
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Default SSL HTTPS end-to-end encryption
- Server-side encryption
- Support of client-side encryption
- 3.Thus, the customer files are triple-encrypted;
- 4.Our security is also audited.
We built Impossible Cloud Storage based on innovative architecture and a plethora of underlying tools that help ensure the highest performance - for throughput speed as well as low latency:
- Files are downloaded from multiple concurrent locations. This multi-threaded peer-to-peer parallel structure maximizes bandwidth to enhance performance and throughput speed.
- Data and metadata are both distributed - enabling users with the fewest required “hops”. This provides latency at least on par with the best industry providers of hot storage.
Backup to public cloud adds a new reliability dimension when storing the data. This often comes at the cost of reliability, security, and throughput speed as well as high storage and exorbitant retrieval (egress) price. Impossible Cloud offers a storage architecture that measurably improves these critical challenges of the major centralized, public cloud providers.
We offer an outage-proof architecture, a new level of design for security and highly performant upload and retrieval. Customers using Impossible Cloud Storage will measurably and safely improve backup recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) metrics. Additionally, customers can leverage our transparent prices - up to 75% better than those of major public cloud providers.