What are the rules for naming buckets?
Choose a bucket name that reflects the objects you will store in that bucket as it is visible in the URL. In addition to this best practice, there are a few rules to be considered when naming buckets:
- It must be unique across existing bucket names at Impossible Cloud Storage
- It must be between 3 and 63 characters long
- It can contain only lowercase characters, numbers, hyphens and dots
- It must begin and end with a letter or number
- It cannot contain the following:
- Consecutive dots
- Adjacent dots
- Adjacent hyphens and dots
- Entire name formatted as an IP address - e.g., 192.168.1.1
xn--as a prefix
-s3aliasas a suffix
Valid name examples - unless already used - are: 'sales-archive' or '20230101-sales-material'.