Comment on page
AWS CLI installation instructions
Please install and use the AWS CLI version 2
- 1.Download the installation file
curl "https://awscli.amazonaws.com/awscli-exe-linux-x86_64.zip" -o "awscliv2.zip"
- 2.Unzip the installer
- 3.Run the install program
- 1.Download and run the AWS CLI MSI installer for Windows (64-bit):
Alternatively, you can run the
msiexeccommand to run the MSI installer.
c:\ msiexec.exe /i https://awscli.amazonaws.com/AWSCLIV2.msi
- 2.To confirm the installation, open the Start menu, search for cmd to open a command prompt window, and at the command prompt use the aws --version command.
c:\ aws --version
aws-cli/2.7.24 Python/3.8.8 Windows/10 exe/AMD64 prompt/off
- 1.Download the file using the
-ooption specifies the file name that the downloaded package is written to. In this example, the file is written to
AWSCLIV2.pkgin the current folder.
curl "https://awscli.amazonaws.com/AWSCLIV2.pkg" -o "AWSCLIV2.pkg"
- 2.Run the standard macOS
installerprogram, specifying the downloaded
.pkgfile as the source. Use the
-pkgparameter to specify the name of the package to install and the
-target /parameter for which drive to install the package to. The files are installed to
/usr/local/aws-cli, and a symlink is automatically created in
/usr/local/bin. You must include
sudoon the command to grant write permissions to those folders.
sudo installer -pkg ./AWSCLIV2.pkg -target /
After installation is complete, debug logs are written to /var/log/install.log.
- 3.To verify that the shell can find and run the
awscommand in your
$PATH, use the following commands:
$ which aws
$ aws --version
aws-cli/2.9.23 Python/3.9.11 Linux/5.15.0-1030-aws exe/x86_64.ubuntu.22 prompt/o
Last modified 5d ago